So you’re engaged. CONGRATULATIONS BABE! This is such an exciting time, but there is so much information out there it can also be hella confusing. From someone who’s worked dozens of weddings (and just had her own!) here are my tips on the first 5 wedding vendors to hire first for your big day.
- Your Venue: Pick your venue and you get your official date, which you’ll need before you can book almost anyone else!
- Your Photographer: Photographers are almost always some of the vendors couples book first because we book up fast. Many photographer book 12-18 months out because clients are inquiring that early. Photography (and videography) are also the only things that will let you travel back in time to revisit your day forever. Invest wisely and book a pro you LOVE.
- Your Wedding Planner: This one could honestly be at the top of this list. This vendor is a must for me. Wedding planners jobs are to plan weddings all year round. They are experts, know all the vendors, have seen it all and can plan a day so much more efficiently than you could ever do on your own. They also coordinate all of your people, help set up your spaces on the day of and generally keep you sane throughout the process. I don’t think I would have survived my wedding day (or the months leading up) without our planner.
- Your Film Maker: If you are hiring a filmmaker or videographer, you’ll want to hire them sooner than later. Just like photographers, they book up quickly and you’ll want someone you really trust to capture the day!
- Your Florist: Your florals are a HUGE part of the decor on your day. Finding a florist who can match your vision will play a huge role in the look and feel of your wedding day. I highly recommend securing someone who can match what you’re looking for early in the process, which is why they make my list of the first 5 wedding vendors to hire after you get engaged.
Who am I missing? Let me know if you agree with my list!