As a wedding photographer, I’ve been to a lot of weddings and snacked on a lot of wedding desserts. I mean let’s be honest, when the dessert and coffee come out it’s a photographer’s favorite part of the day (kidding, mostly!) And who doesn’t love dessert? Traditionally, the wedding dessert was always cake, but if that’s not your vibe, there are so many delicious options. Here’s a list of some of my favorite wedding dessert ideas I’ve seen at the dozens of weddings I’ve worked over the years.
Wedding Dessert Ideas for Your Own Wedding Day
These days, you can pretty much get anything you want for food at your wedding. And that makes it one more place to incorporate a little more you, a little more personality, into
- Donuts: These have been around for a while, but have you ever seen someone sad while eating a donut?! Bonus: they make for an easy breakfast if people want to bring theirs home.
- Bundt cakes: This is a new take on cake that I am loving. They’re moist, perfectly sized and so so delicious. Check out these ones from Nothing Bundt Cakes. (But heads up, I’m taking at least two if you have these at a wedding you’ve hired me for!)
- Hand pies: More of a pie fan? Individual hand pies give guests an easy-to-eat dessert with the option to have multiple flavors. A win-win!
- Cheesecake: Cheesecake is the best cake in my humble opinion. If you agree, why not make this your wedding dessert of choice? You can choose whatever flavors you’d prefer and please the whole crowd.
- Dessert pizza: I loved this one. This wedding had a pizza food truck serve dinner and they stayed late to make some dessert pizzas for the crowd after dark. 10/10, no notes on this wedding dessert choice.
- Cookies: Another big people pleaser. And bonus points for being affordable and easy to transport too!
- Assorted handheld dessert bar: I love this one too because it gives people options and the ability to have a couple of different bites. These can be custom-made by a baker or just picked up from your favorite grocery store to make it a little more affordable too.
- Ice Cream Sundaes: I’m really having the best for last here. Especially for summer weddings when it’s hot out and a build-your-own sundae bar just hits the spot. A couple of flavors of ice cream and a variety of toppings are all you need to really wow your guests with this one.